She offered her savings account

Maisy

I let the dogs out tonight and Maisy came in with a paw that was bleeding. She must have skinned it on the patio from dragging her hind leg. It’s so hard to see her like this. She has good days, and then she has not so good days.

Tonight when I was tucking my daughter into bed she offered her savings account to pay for surgery to help Maisy. Oh kid, I wish it was only that easy. And trust me, every day I second guess myself on my decision to not pursue an MRI or CT scan to see exactly how bad the damage is. My husband and I really don’t think she’d survive the kennel rest that comes with the surgery, as well as after our dog Hannah had cancer I think we’ve learned that sometimes you write a huge check, try everything, and the ending is the same.

I’ll never have another dog that is as awesome as Maisy.

Also, my kid is pretty freaking amazing.

About these ads

13 comments

1. Lynn Mahuta · · Reply

That’s my granddaughter and yes she is a loving, caring girl. Maisy is an amusing dog and she will always be a part of our family, it will be hard to let he go.

2. Lynn Mahuta · · Reply

3. My heart hurts for all of you. The suffering of a beloved pet makes us feel so helpless. But you sure have a special kid there!

4. The end of life decisions that are part of pet parenting are not easy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

5. The end of life decisions that are part of pet parenting are not easy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

6. gracy eggert · · Reply

Maisy will alway be my dog she is always so happy to see me.can’t wait for me to set down so she an put her head on my lap

7. gracy eggert · · Reply

8. gracy eggert · · Reply

maisey will always be my dog she is always so happy to see me can’t wait for me to set down so she can put head on lap.

9. gracy eggert · · Reply

10. A kick in the butt was what we needed from the kid. I’ve called the vet and Maisy is now back on the regular dose of prednisone (it seemed the her symptoms were worse on the taper dose) and we are taking her for a consult with a neurologist — they’ll probably do an MRI. At least we’ll know the issue and move forward from there. I guess I am willing to write that check after all.

11. A kick in the butt was what we needed from the kid. I’ve called the vet and Maisy is now back on the regular dose of prednisone (it seemed the her symptoms were worse on the taper dose) and we are taking her for a consult with a neurologist — they’ll probably do an MRI. At least we’ll know the issue and move forward from there. I guess I am willing to write that check after all.

12. Yep, your kid is pretty awesome but I think it helps that her mom is too. :-) You are a great pet parent and you will do what you feel is best for Maisy. An MRI doesn’t have to mean you go for the big stuff that may or may not help. But knowing what Maisy is up against can help you make decisions for her. *hugs*

13. Yep, your kid is pretty awesome but I think it helps that her mom is too. :-) You are a great pet parent and you will do what you feel is best for Maisy. An MRI doesn’t have to mean you go for the big stuff that may or may not help. But knowing what Maisy is up against can help you make decisions for her. *hugs*

May the force be with you ...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,056 other followers