The last week has been frustrating

I’ve been dealing with a pile of frustration and lack of communication over the last week or so. It’s taken me this long to try to figure out if I even want to write about any of it. The momma bear in me is getting ready to roar, but in trying to give privacy, respect to others, and respect my own raw emotions I’m sharing some of it.

I guess I’ll start with the last day of school before Spring Break — end of the school day — when the assistant principal called me at work to say that my daughter was punched in the face at school. That was the first I had heard about it. School was over, my daughter was probably on the bus on the way home. After making sure my daughter was okay, I was like WHY AM I JUST HEARING ABOUT THIS NOW!? Really? NOW? At the end of the school day, end of the school week, I can’t even react to this because by the time I will have all of the information the school will be closed for over a week. My daughter followed the school procedures and reported the violence immediately, the other girl was suspended from school, etc… which tells me that they called the other girls parents immediately. I would have liked to have been called right away, I would have liked to have been given a chance to discuss this in person, go over what the next steps were and how this was going to be handled when this girl comes back from suspension. I would have liked to have been there to hear an apology from the other parent and a promise that it will NOT happen again. I’m very concerned for my daughter and her safety. The school believes that this wasn’t a targeted attack, but rather a random act and it just so happened that my kid was the one. Regardless, I don’t want her to become The Target.

Before that and continuing now my family, my husband and his brothers and sisters are going through an incredibly unfortunate, stressful and sad time. Communication hasn’t been ideal and it blows my mind, and breaks my heart all at the same time. I mean, if anything happens with my parents I hear about it within minutes. Their dad suffered two strokes within a week and has a DNR in place, he’s been moved to hospice and will pass soon. 

About these ads

One comment

  1. I’m so sorry about your in-law. I understand completely how terrible the whole hospice thing is, believe me.

    And wtf is wrong with your school? I was The Target too when I was a kid, but it never resorted to physical violence… and if it had, my dad would have went ballistic. So crazy. You should have been notified at the very least at the same time as the other parents.


May the force be with you ...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,069 other followers

%d bloggers like this: